Joe R. Patranella
Watson Law Firm, L.L.P.
1450 Copperfield Parkway, Suite 300
College Station, Texas 77845
(979) 703-4044 (Phone)
(979) 703-7994 (Fax)
Joe R. Patranella graduated in 2011 from South Texas College of Law. During law school, he interned for two federal judges in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas – the Honorable Mary Milloy and the Honorable Calvin Botley. He also served as a law clerk for the Lower Colorado River Association and an intern to both the Tarrant and Harris County District Attorney’s Offices.
While at South Texas College of Law, Joe was elected President of the Student Bar Association and served as an Assistant Editor on the South Texas Law Review, where two of his articles were selected for publication. Additionally, he was selected to serve as a Langdell Scholar, tutoring fellow law students in the area of contract law and chosen to act as a research assistant for the South Texas Legal Research and Writing department.
Joe has a broad practice which encompasses probate, oil and gas and water law, collection matters, and business litigation. In his spare time, Joe enjoys running, hunting, working on his family’s ranch and spending time with family and friends.
Texas A&M University, B.S. Agribusiness (2007)
- Alpha Zeta, National Agriculture Honor Society
South Texas College of Law, J.D. (2011)
- President – Student Bar Association
- Assistant Information Editor – South Texas Law Review
- American Jurisprudence Award – Environmental Law
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon Outstanding Legal Writing Award
Joe R. Patranella, Comment, Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself: An Analysis of the Texas Water Shortage, Tarrant Regional Water District v. Hermann and Why Oklahoma Should be Mandated to Allow Texas to Purchase Water, 52 S. TEX. L. REV. 297 (2011)
Amy B. Hargis & Joe R. Patranella, Re-thinking Review: The Increasing Need for a Practical Standard of Review on Daubert Issues in Place of Joiner, 52 S. TEX. L. REV. 409 (2011)
- Texas A&M Young Alumni Advisory Council – Member (2014-2015)
- Keep Brazos Beautiful Board of Directors – President (2014-Present); Vice President (2013-2014)
- Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley Board of Directors – Board Member (2014-Present)
- Brazos Valley Young Lawyers Association – Vice President of Community Relations (2013-2014)
- St. Anthony Catholic Church – Member
- Brazos County Bar Association – Member
- Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Brazos Class of 2013
- H.O.S.T.S (Helping One Student To Succeed) – Mentor (2011–2014)
- Young Professionals of Aggieland Board of Directors – Community Outreach Director (2011–2012)
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo – Calf Scramble Committee (2010 – 2011)